Monday, July 14, 2014

Peach Pie! Round 2!

So this peach pie is the prettiest pie I've made so far. I haven't tried it yet, but if it tastes as good as it looks we might just have a winner for the fair contest! I got the majority of the recipe from the Pillsbury Fabulous Pies Recipe book from 1961. The illustrations in this book are great, and it seems like there are a lot of good filling recipes in there.

I origionaly chose this recipe because the last peach pie I made used tapioca. And I found that I really didn't like the texture that the tapioca made. Those bubbles remind me of fish eggs... ew! So this recipe used cornstarch to thicken up the peach juice and it worked really well!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/128335035/vintage-cookbook-fabulous-pies-from?utm_source=OpenGraph&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share





No comments:

Post a Comment