Monday, April 6, 2015

Lemon Chess Pie with Coconut Crust

This Lemon Chess pie turned out super delicious and divine!! It used 3 fresh lemons. It used the juice and the zest. It was so fresh smelling and citrusy. I do believe this is one of the best tasting pies I've ever made. This is also a new coconut crust recipe that I wanted to try. It's just coconut, gram cracker, sugar and butter. The coconut crust paired really well with the lemon filling. But I had to figure out how to use the coconut crust with a filling that needed to bake for 45 minutes. Because normally the crust would only bake for 10 minutes. So I decided to put tin foil over the edge of the crust from the beginning of baking to the end. This worked really well. And even though the crust was covered, it baked for so long that it browned up a little bit anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment