Thursday, March 21, 2013

Buttermilk Pie Yum!

Today I made my first buttermilk pie. I had never had buttermilk pie before, so I made it not knowing what it should taste like. After I made the pie I thought the texture was perfect. It was creamy with a little crunch on the top. But I thought the pie wasn't sweet enough, so in the end I dusted it with powdered sugar. I got the recipe from my subscription of Cooks Country Magazine, and it was so yummy! Another problem I have with baking pies is that they always taste good, they just don't always look good. My crust always shrinks when I bake it. And I read somewhere that it was doing that because I was stretching it. So I made sure not to stretch it and it still shrank. So someone told me to use pie weights. So I'm going to try that next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment