Monday, April 15, 2013

Japanese Fruit Pie (Pecan Pie)

This pie was a bit lighter in taste than a traditional pecan pie. The filling was made with butter, sugar, pecans, coconut, vanilla and vinegar. It was VERY YUMMY. I really liked it. I am still learning to crimp the crust edge, like on a traditional pie. It has proven it self a lot harder to do than what I thought. So if anyone has any helpful tips on how to crimp crust edges, that would be great! The name for this pie isn't very descriptive, since there is no fruit in it and I didn't know that coconuts grew in Japan, so it might need a re-name. 

I have also solved my shrinking crust problem. Originally I read that you should not stretch your crust or it will shrink. But the problem was that I wasn't stretching my crust and it was still shrinking. So I finally found a new tip that actually works. 

First, roll your crust and place it in the pie plate. Don't do anything to the edges or put filling in it yet. Then refrigerate it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes put filling in and bake. No More Shrinkage! Hallelujah!!


No comments:

Post a Comment