Thursday, August 13, 2015

Last Practice Pie!

So I had a pie in the Johnson County Fair. I placed fourth of 10... or something. It was odd because I had to run back to work so I'm not really sure how many pies were entered because they auctioned them all off after they judged them. Then the lady who hosted the even said the judges didn't like my peach filling... So, I guess maybe my peaches weren't ripe enough. Because normally I like my filling... Or maybe my brain and tastebuds are nuts and think that crappy things taste good! lol

Anyway, I tried to make some adjustments. I let my peaches ripen in a paper bag a couple of days longer than I normally would. I also added 1/4 cup more sugar to take away the tartness. And I also added less peach juice back into the pie. So hopefully all of these changes will make for a yummier pie. =)

I haven't had a slice yet, because I plan on having it for breakfast tomorrow. But I did take a lick and I liked it. I also thought I'd add some process photos, because it's cool to see how things are made. That face I'm making... I always make that face at pie crust. 






Update! So I had a slice of pie this morning and I feel like it could still be sweeter. This is nuts because I'm already putting about a cup and a half of sugar in it. The crust was divine. I'm really happy to be using butter in it. It makes the flavor much more enjoyable.



2 comments: