Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Iowa State Fair Peach Pie!

So I was finally able to make it to the Iowa State Fair pie competition. I wanted to enter a pie last year, but couldn't take a day off of work. This competition was a lot of fun because there were so many ladies (I assume at least one male entered a pie, but I didn't see him) who brought many different kinds of pie and they were all so well made! I loved looking at the great care and craftsmanship that when into all of the pies. I also got to talk to a few ladies about what they made. Since it's Iowa, everyone was really friendly. 

I didn't win anything at this competition. But I didn't really know what they were judging on. Now I know. So I can't wait for next year's fair! 

One thing that I found to be crazy was that some women brought ten pies of all different varieties. So I think next year I'll shoot for five. Maybe that will better my odds at winning something. I did also notice that one lady won multiple categories... So she was in the know of what the judges wanted!



Checking in my pie.


All of the pies for the day.


The judge in the red shirt is tasting my pie.


My pie is on the right... A smidge over baked.


All of the women who made the pies watching the judges eat their pie.


My scorecard! 90 out of 100... That's an "A" right? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment