Saturday, June 20, 2015

One Apple Pie for my Dad, and another for a friend.

These Apple Pies were made with six Granny Smith apples a piece. The flavor is very nice with nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice, brown sugar, white sugar and butter. The crust baked nicely, but I didn't keep a very good eye on it because my father's pie got a smidge of a burn. But it still tastes great! I made the raven pie for a friend who foam sword fights and goes my the alias of Raven. He helped us make a lot of weapons and has been very friendly... Which of course means he needs pie in his life! 

After taking the pie making class last fall I feel like I've gotten better at the craft of apple pie making. It's silly because apple pie is the most traditional, but it's the one pie I'm bad at crafting! So I'm always down to make another to try to get better at it. I can't wait to eat this!



No comments:

Post a Comment