Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Peach Pie Numero Dos

I made this peach pie to take to my friends family reuinion. I believe, since making pies, you can't see extended family without feeding them a sweet treat. I got really experimental with this pie.

For a long time I have been wanted to play with my crust recipe. I wanted to incorporate butter into it. Normally I use Crisco and lard, so what I did was use all three! I just divided them by 1/3 cup and the flakiness of the crust held up. And I'm just hoping it tastes buttery, because I haven't tried it yet.

For the filling I added some more sugar. I also added a couple squirts of honey, just for a flavor boost. And when I was putting the filling together I totally spaced measuring the lemon zest and juice so this pie has the juice and zest of one whole lemon! So when I present this pie to Robert's family, I hope they like it. Because I have no idea what it will taste like. lol

 

No comments:

Post a Comment